I was looking on Amazon and I found a whole slew of books that were still in pre-order that looked quite interesting.
1) Crochet Noro: 30 Dazzling Designs -- I don't usually like Noro patterns, but this looks intriguing.
2) French Girl Knits Accessories: Modern Designs for a Beautiful Life by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes -- looks like a good collection of accessories, coming out in September, perfect for gift giving.
3) November Knits: Inspired Designs for Changing Seasons by Kate Gagnon Osborne and Courtney Kelley. It says it's a "must-have resource for this year". I'd like to find something that inspires me the way that A Fine Fleece does. It's due out in October.
4) Finish-Free Knits: No-Sew Garments in Classic Styles by Kristen TenDyke. While finishing doesn't bother me, and I can't knit with circular needles, I thought some people would like this very much (my sister, for example). It sounds pretty clever, actually, designing pockets, button bands, collars that are attached without knitting. This comes out December 11.
5) Shades of Winter: Knitting with Natural Wool by Ingalill Johansonn and Ewa Andinsson. While this focuses on organic, natural yarn and beautiful photography, we all know that what really floats our boat is good projects. I'm gonna bet that this book has that too. November 6 is the release date of this book.
6) Cast On, Bind Off: 211 Ways to Begin and End Your Knitting by Cap Sease. Oh.My.Goodness. 120 ways to cast on . . . 80 ways to bind off . . . I want this book!! It's coming out right away too, August 20.